For tax purposes in Canada, international students are considered residents if they've lived in Canada for 183 days or more in a tax year.

You need a Social Insurance Number (SIN) to work in Canada and to file your tax return. Make sure you have a valid SIN before filing your taxes.

The tax deadline in Canada is April 30th for most individuals and June 15th for self-employment income. File on time to avoid penalties.

As an international student in Canada, you can use tuition fees as tax credits to reduce your tax or increase your refund.

you'll get a T4 slip from your employer when working in Canada. Include this when you are filing taxes.

Report any income earned outside of Canada while you were a resident in Canada on your Canadian tax return.

Canada has tax treaties with many countries to prevent double taxation. Check if a treaty with your home country affects your tax obligations.

You may be eligible for non-refundable tax credits like the Canada Employment and Public Transit Amount, to reduce your tax liability.

Even with no income, filing a tax return in Canada can make you eligible for benefits like the GST/HST credit or the Canada Child Benefit.

Consider e-filing your taxes using tax software or the Canada Revenue Agency's (CRA) NETFILE service for a efficient way to submit your return.

Consider seeking help from a tax professional or using CRA resources for filing taxes as an international student.