Are you planning to move to Canada with your nanny experience?
If yes, the HCCP and HSWP immigration programs are your best choices.
This blog post explains the HCCP and HSWP immigration programs in detail.
Foreign caregivers with legitimate job offers or prior Canadian work experience can participate in the Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot economic pilot programs.
What is a caregiver program?
The caregiver program offers assistance to those who want to immigrate to Canada and work as caregivers there.
This program, which was introduced by IRCC on June 18, 2019, has been replaced by the Home Support Worker and Home Child Care Provider Pilot programs. Moreover, it expires on June 17, 2024.
A maximum of 5,500 applications may be submitted annually for the HCCP and HSWP immigration programs.
HCCP & HSWP immigration program requirements
Applicants should fulfill the following requirements to submit their applications:
- Minimum 1-year post-secondary education. Foreign applicants should have completed education less than five years old if they applied based on foreign education credentials.
- To get permanent residency with HCCP and HSWP immigration programs, you should have 12 months of work experience instead of 24 months, as per a new update of canada.ca.
- The applicant should have a valid job offer letter and the ability to perform the duties.
- Language proficiency in English must be at least five bands.
What if the HCCP and HSWP immigration program applicant has a dependent (family)?
The entire family of applicants is assisted in settling in Canada by these pilot programs.
The applicant’s spouse will get an open work permit, and the dependent children will get study visa approval.
When the applicant completes the two-year work experience requirement, IRCC will include the applicant and their family for permanent residency.
If the IRCC officer finds everything is good in the application, the whole family will be approved.
When will the HCCP and HSWP immigration programs reopen to accept new applications?
The cap limit has changed for both programs in accordance with the new updates as of May 2, 2023. IRCC is accepting new files on January 1, 2024.
The Home Support Worker Pilot Program
In 2023, the following number of applications accepted in each category:
- The category “gaining experience” received 1650 applications.
- The direct-to-permanent residence category received 1,100 applications.
What is the mode of application submission for the HCCP and HSWP immigration programs?
Programs for the HCCP and HSWP switched to the online portal after the pandemic.
How much is the immigration fee to be paid for the HCCP and HSWP immigration programs?
To avoid delays in the process, each applicant should be required to pay the entire fee before becoming a permanent resident.
|Permanent residence fee
|Application processing fee
|Permanent residence fee
|Spouse application processing fee
|Spouse permanent residence fee
|Dependent child fee
|$155 (per child)
|Temporary residence fee
|Applicant work permit fee
|Applicant open work permit fee
|Spouse work permit fee
|Spouse Open work permit fee
|Dependent child student visa fee
|Individual applicant biometric fee
|Family (2 or more) biometric fee
How do the HCCP & HSWP immigration programs work?
- You apply for the Home Child Care Provider Pilot program or the Home Support Worker Pilot program according to the occupation you plan to work in.
- You submit a work permit application and a permanent residence application.
- If you fulfill all the requirements, you will get a temporary work permit to start working in Canada.
- The work permit you received is an open, occupation-restricted work permit.
- To be eligible for permanent residence, you must have 12 months of work experience.
- You don’t need to live in the employer’s home to qualify for permanent residence.
How can you make your immigration application process faster?
- Provide all the correct and detailed information.
- Follow the document checklist.
- Provide information about your family’s situation. If there are any changes, update the IRCC like address,
- Provide certified English or French translation copies of the original documents that you submitted in your application.
What is the processing time for the HCCP and HSWP immigration programs?
Application processing for the Home Child Care and Home Support Worker Pilot Programs typically takes 12 months.
Application processing takes six months after submitting proof of a caregiver. Because of the backlog, there are still lots of delays in application processing.